Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My "Secret" Day Job...

For those of you who don't know, by day I'm a not so mild mannered eco-advocate for change specializing in Packaging Design -- and a full fledged packaging designer. I have my own design firm (jedlicka.com), am Co-Coordinator of o2-USA and chair of o2-USA/Upper Midwest -- all part of the o2-Global Sustainable design network (o2.org), teach Sustainable Design at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (mcad.edu/sustainable), and write the Sustainability Update section for Package Design Magazine (PackageDesignMag.com). I also lecture around the U.S. on eco/sustainable business and design.

As man's impact on the planet has become front page news (finally!) given what my day job is, it's been spilling -- actually more like Tsunami crashing -- into my spare time. Businesses in the manufacturing sector I serve are scrambling to meet new, more rigorous regulations, as well as try and meet new, more eco-minded, customer demands -- finally! Needless to say, as a working eco-designer and faculty for eco-design, things are hopping!

I'll try and keep you all updated on my latest goings on (I have 2 books coming out this year, track their progress at: http://www.indes.net/e-publishing ).

So -- Ciao for Now...Wj

No comments: