Saturday, November 7, 2009

Underwater Wendy

For my 50th, I've had one wish for the past 20 years -- to become a certified Scuba Diver. This week in Florida, my honey Mark made that happen, and we took the plunge together. It's really been a great adventure for us both. And I'm super lucky to have a partner that not only doesn't mind getting very very very wet, but actively looks for excuses to do that.
I love that in a man.
______________________________
Underwater Wendy, being wet...
______________________________

HUGE thanks too go out to my very dear (but considerably drier), NYC Mark for totally surprising me with a really hot little underwater digital camera (12.1 mp YyyyyyUMmmY!). We were joking a while ago that I'd have to crack out my vintage Nikonos IVa for the trip. ("Gee Wendy, when was the last time you shot film?" we laughed.) Anyway, HUGE thanks. The gesture was like the cherry on top of an already yummy birthday.


______________________________________
Underwater Mark, gliding along...

Our instructor Brian is the specter looming
in the background on the right.
______________________________________

To read about where we were diving go to...
Rainbow River State Park

To read about the place we got our training, go to...
http://narcosisscuba.com

Big thanks too go out to our instructor Brian (equal parts dry humor, patience, and serious-business instruction -- what's not to like?), owner Joyce (my mermaid sister in a past life I'm sure), and the very professional crew at Narcosis Scuba. They all really helped make it a fabulous Fiftieth!

Tomorrow we stop at the Dahli Museum on our way to the airport. So I thought I'd toss in a little underwater Dahli to close-out this post...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, the Dali touch was a perfect ending to that vicarious plunge! Hooray for you, Wendy, may you have an equally intriguing 60th!

w5 said...

Hmmmm, what's next ... space walk?

Todd-roc said...

Yah for Wendy!